KNOW ABOUT GFRG PANEL IN BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
The enormous housing demand is causing exhaustion of raw building materials/sources. Because of this, the cost of building material is increasing. To overcome this housing hurdle, we needs innovative, high-efficiency building materials for strong and durable housing in an advanced mode of construction at an affordable cost.
GFRG panels are a modern trend in rapid building construction technology. It has been gaining attention as a cost-effective building material. GFRG Panel provides speedy construction and contributes to environmental protection.
What is GFRG Panel:
GFRG stands for Glass Fibre Reinforced Gypsum. GFRG panels are also known as Rapid walls. These building panels are made-up of gypsum plaster, which is calcined and then later they get reinforced with glass fibres. These panels are primarily constitute of gypsum, glass fibre, concrete slurry, and chemicals such as water repellent emulsion.
How does GFRG Technology work?
GFRG Panels being placed on plinth using Crane. It essentially replaces the use of bricks for constructing the structure of the house or building. This panels are manufactured at factories and brought at the site directly and fixed on the structure. Once a foundation is laid, these panels are erected on the foundation with the help of cranes. Besides, it does not need plastering and painting as a normal wall would need.
Difference between GFRG and Traditional wall bricks:
• Traditional Bricks requires lot of cement, and you have to spend more money to get building materials compared to GFRG panels.
• Uses of more building materials, causing increasing the labour charges unlike GFRG walls.
• During summer season, living in brick houses can rising temperature in day time. even night time, concrete walls absorb and hold the heat from day time, its very difficult to sleep.
• GFRG walls will not allow heat into the building and also keep the inside temperature slightly below the outside temperature.
Advantages of GFRG Panels:
• The cost of construction with GFRG material is more or less same or maybe slightly on lesser side as compared to the cost of building by the conventional brick homes.
• the time of construction can be minimized greatly. Since the panels are already manufactured, the time consumed during the brick laying. It saves up to 50% of the total building time.
• Gypsum is known for its durability and offers great dimensional stability and strength. GFRG panels are said to be five times stronger and durable than conventional construction materials.
• During the manufacture of GFRG panels, several chemicals are added to the mix. Thus, it makes it water-resistant.
• The lifespan of a conventional home is roughly 40-50 years whereas the lifespan of a house built using GFRG panels is around 80-90 years.
Disadvantages of GFRG panels:
• GFRG panels should be handled carefully while loading, transportation, and unloading.
• For installing the GFRG panels, highly skilled and experienced labor is required.
• During the construction process, more space is required for the movement of crane